Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm sorry it has been so long since I posted a blog. It's been a difficult week. Donnie.. started radiation on Wednesday. I..t made him quite ill. He had radiation again Thursday and again on Friday. He didn't get sick those days. Seems that they got the naseau medicine combination.. right. He is quite tired though. He has been sleeping alot. During.. the day atleast. He likes to keep me up at night.
they increased his pain pump meds today. I was hoping that by this time, we would be decreasing them. I am afraid to mention the word home or speculate when we may be able to go. I don't want to get my hopes up. The important thing is Donnie is where he needs to be to control his pain.

I can say, I miss my kids. They come up and visit but it isn't the same as being
at home with them everyday. Thank goodness that they are self sufficient and have people looking after them. But they don't want me to come home without Donnie. They want me to stay with him.
Not much else going on here. They don't give him radiation on the weekends to give his body a break. As of right now, they have 14 total scheduled. He will have one each day Monday thru Friday. they did say that could change. We just have to take one day at a time. I hope that it starts shrinking the lymph nodes to ease his pain.Althou..gh he is sleeping alot, he is determined to make me experience hypothermia... I swear he keeps the room so cold that I could rent it out as a meat locker. Who needs an icebox? I am dressed for a blizzard and wrapped in blankets all day and night. But, if it makes him comfortable.., I will continue to deal with it. Sometimes, I just have to go out into the hall to thaw out. Maybe I should go buy a parka.
Not much else to report here, I will update more when we have news. Thank you to everyone for all.. of your love and support. it mean so much to us
love to all ..
Keep praying
Robin

1 comment:

Talisa said...

We love you and we are praying for you both.