Saturday, March 14, 2009

I wish I could say that I was writing this from home but I can't say that I am. Donnie received 3 units of blood 2 days ago. He seemed to be doing better but I noticed that his abdomen was swollen last night. he slept the whole night but woke up this morning and was sick. he was throwing up blood. not alot but just the same. Dr Castine came in this morning and said that yesterday his blood cell count had gone up after receiving the blood. today it had gone down again. means that something is leaking or oozing blood in his stomach. He said it isn't bleeding out fast but still needs to be tended to today. we are waiting on the GI dr to come in. Dr Castine thinks that they will go down his throat with a scope again today to try to locate the source of the bleeding and see about stopping it. he will more than likely need more blood again tomorrow. we will be atleast a few more days here if everything goes as planned. we will have to take one day at a time. I will update when we know more.
love to all
Keep praying
Robin

No comments: