Friday, July 17, 2009

FEAR is just a four letter word.

the following was written by my oldest daughter Shantel 2 days after Donnie passed away. She read it at his funeral. I thought she did a great job and wanted to share it.

I Love You Daddy

Every girl dreams of a night in shining armor to come and rescue her. Daddy was my night in shining armor. He accepted me and my brother and sister as his own children, not his stepchildren. He was everything a father should be and more.

He and my mother are a match made in heaven. I could not have asked God to send a better person to be a part of our family. He is a wonderful father, provider, husband, poppy, and friend.

He is my hero. He endured such harsh treatment and intense pain. He never complained. He got up and went to work and did what he had to do for his family. He always had a smile on his face and treasured every moment with his friends and family as if it were his last.

I hope that I can be just like my daddy. He has so much love in his heart and such a wonderful energy about him that you can’t help but to fall in love with him and the person he is.

I am so very blessed that he became a part of our lives and showed us how amazing he is. He showed me what bravery and courage truly are. He was always there for me and I could depend on him no matter what. That’s what daddys are for, to be there no matter what.

I wasn’t ready to say goodbye but it was time. I will never forget him and I will never forget the person I want to be because he has shown me what it’s like to be a true hero.

My Night in Shining Armor. My Daddy.




By Shantel Diez

No comments: