Sunday, June 1, 2008

another day

I met an amazing family this weekend. Although, I wish the circumstances that I met them would be different. I went to a blood drive for Robbie Savoy. He was recently diagnosed with esophageal cancer too.The good news is that it was caught much earlier than Donnie's. I met him, his wife Judy and his oldest daughter Nicole. It was awesome to see so many people come out to support them in their blood drive. It is also very hard to see such great people have to go thru this. They are no stranger to esophageal cancer as Robbie's brother died of it last year. Still I feel their pain and their fear as they fight the fight. Robbie reminded me alot of Donnie. I don't know him very well at all but I know enough to know that he is a good man. And again it makes me angry that he and Donnie have to go thru this. I have my faith but their are days I question why people so good have to face such an awful disease. It just doesn't seem fair. There are serial killers walking the street in perfect health but good people are suffering. I know that God has a plan for all of us. It is just hard for me to see it right now. I just know that all I can do is take one day at a time and cherish the time that I have with my family. If I try to think ahead any farther, it is too much to bear. I am realistic of how hard a fight this will be as this cancer is not going to just go away quietly. But again, one day at a time is all any of us can do.
Donnie has gone to Houston to MD Anderson for chemo. He didn't go alone. One of our friends went with him as to help so I don't have to miss as much work. He will be home tomorrow night. He will do 4 hours of chemo in the hospital and come home with his pump for 2 days. I pray every day that this chemo is working and we will get good reports next month when he goes for his next scan. I will update when I know more.
Love to all
keep praying
Robin

No comments: