Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello All and a early Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Donnie's arm is doing better. He said it's still a little sore but almost all better. He was sick this weekend. He was supposed to leave for Houston Sunday night but didn't feel well enough to go. He went yesterday and had chemo this morning and home tonight. He is quite tired. that is a short trip and a long ride. He will have his pump until Thursday. we are leaving tomorrow afternoon to go to his family's in Mississippi. I hate that he can't have the pump removed before we leave so we are looking for someone to remove it while we are there. We should be home by Friday at the latest. So worst case, we turn the pump off thursday when he is done and he just doesn't have it until we return home.
This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my family and for every day that God blesses us to spend together. Each day is a blessing. I am thankful for my friends and family that stand beside us in Donnie's fight. I am thankful for the many people that don't even know us who are praying for Donnie.
Sometimes it is really hard for me to find things to be thankful for. I get on my self pity and want to know why Donnie is fighting this. But the most that I can do is take each day as it comes. If I try to take on more than that it is too much. So one day at a time. It's all any of us can do. I enjoy and relish in each moment. Good or bad and thank God for that moment that I get to spend with the love of my life. He is my soulmate and I am so lucky to be his wife. He amazes me every single day.
I would like all of you to say a special prayer today for my friends Pam and Trevor Vampran. Trevor is fighting a cold and they will be unable to come home from St. Judes for Thanksgiving. It is hard for them being so far from home. Pray that they find comfort in each other and enjoy their holiday the best that they can wherever they are. feel free to visit Trevor's page and leave them holiday wishes.
www.teamtrevor.com
Happy Thanksgiving
Keep praying
Love to all Robin

1 comment:

Deb said...

You also continue to inspire me as well my dear. This journey we travel with cancer is one in which only we can relate as caregivers for our husbands. There are alot of highs and lows, but we take the good times whenever they come our way.
Continue to enjoy every moment and remember you are never alone along this journey.
Take care and God Bless!
Debbie