Friday, September 5, 2008

update on us

All I can say is WHEW! What a crazy week it has been. I can say that we were fortunate to have only a small amount of damage. Especially after seeing some of what our community has been thru. We lost 2 huge trees in the back yard. Thankfully they fell towards the road and not the house. Destroyed my fence though. I think I am going to need a new roof after all the shingles we lost. I will call the insurance company on Monday.
We finally got power back this evening. (Thank the Lord) It went out early Monday. I will say that Donnie is especially thankful. That chemo causes him to be so hot. He was quite miserable from the heat.
He had driven over to meet Keith (his brother) to get his generator and some gas.
Keith has undergone his radiation treatment and had his scans yesterday. We will be praying for cancer free results.
We were supposed to leave for Houston on Sunday for Donnie's appointments on Monday for scans and Tuesday with the doctor but Donnie rescheduled them for next Monday and Tuesday because he was afraid we wouldn't have power and he didn't want to leave the kids here alone without power.
So hopefully Ike will stay away and we will be able to go next week.
Well I will update later
Love to all
keep praying
Robin

No comments: