Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Chemo Update

Well we have an update of sorts from the doctor. Donnie spoke with his doctor here yesterday. Seems like he didn’t understand the Dr from MD Anderson or he didn’t explain it correctly? We were under the impression that he would have to take a four hour chemo every 2 weeks. Well that isn’t exactly how it works. He has 2 choices. He either can have a 3 day in patient treatment OR he can go for four hours and come home with a chemo pump for 2 days. The insurance will be an issue from what Donnie’s dr here is telling him. Donnie is going to call back at MD Anderson today and see if they can get it approved. I think they have a better chance than here. It is approx 15-20 thousand a treatment!!!!! And he would have to have 2 a month. And exactly what do they expect you to do if the insurance doesn’t cover it??? It is crazy. I have said it many times, I truly believe that there is or could be a cure for cancer. But there is no money in the cure, there is money in treatment. So I don’t know where we will be going from this point but I will keep praying and pushing forward.
Thank you to everyone for their love and support.
love to all
Robin

1 comment:

Jeaux said...

Donbin:

Don't stress over the what ifs. If your insurance doesn't cover it (and I would fight them on this), then you will do what everyone else does - get the treatment and pay them monthly. I don't think MA will turn you away. If it were me, I'd probably opt for the inpatient treatment (at least the first time), because I'll be near health care givers in the event of an adverse reaction. But that's just me. I have to agree with you that there is no money in a cure. The rat bastards! Oops.
I'm still praying for and thinking of you both!

Love and hugs
Jeaux