Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Trip report 3-3-08

Well we got back from our trip to Vegas yesterday afternoon and we were exhausted!!! It was really a great trip though. We left Wednesday morning and our plane got into Vegas about 1:15. Checked into our room at the Planet Hollywood and it was fabulous. Our view overlooked the Bellagio Fountains and the Eifel Tower at the Paris. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! After we got all settled in, I told Donnie I had a present for him. It was one of our wedding pictures that I had framed and wrapped up for him. Also inside was our wedding invitation but on the inside I had pinned a new wedding invitation to our wedding renewal the next day in the Valley of Fire outside of Vegas. Once it started dawning on him what it meant, I dropped to one knee and asked him if he would make me the happiest girl in the world again and marry me again the next day. He was sooo surprised!!! And of course, he said YES!! We pretty much stayed around the hotel that day and went to see the show Stomp Out Loud at our hotel that night. It was fabulous!!!!! We had such a great time. The next morning, we got up early, ordered room service and had a wonderful breakfast. We got ready and the limo picked us up and we headed for the Valley of Fire. The ride was about an hour or a little more. Was fabulous views the whole way there. Donnie napped some in the limo, he was tired but still felt pretty good. When we got into the Valley of Fire park all we could say was WOW!!! It was gorgeous!!!! We got out and the photographer took lots of pictures of us. ( I can't wait to see them, we should have them in about 2 weeks) Every so often a car would pass thru and some would stop and tell us congratulations. Some even took pictures of us. Then the minister came and we hiked up to a rock at Rainbow Vista. It wasn't a long hike just a few minutes. The ceremony was beautiful. As soon as the minister started talking, I started crying. It wasn't my intention, just couldn't help it! Not bawling, mind you, just tears. The ceremony was short and sweet and perfect. They set the video camera up and recorded it and the photographer continued to take pictures. I kept wiping my face thinking. " i am going to have snot all over my face in these pictures" When we were done, we asked the photographer to take a picture with our camera so we could have something to take home with us and he took several for us. When we were done a tour bus pulled up right as we were getting into the limo and these ladies jumped out and ran around to the door of the limo and started singing a song to us. We couldn't understand them, I don't know what language they were singing in. It was sweet and funny. When they were done the told us congratulations, I understood only that. Afterwards we went back to the hotel, changed and then went to the wax museum at the Venetian. It is so cool, alot of the celebrities are so real it is scary. Then we walked thru the Venetian some and went back to the hotel and rested before we went to our show that night at the Wynn. It was called La Reve and was fabulous. Quite an amazing performance. Friday we took a cab and went exploring at the Wynn and the Palazzo and the Venetian. Not much else until we went to the show Legends in Concert at the Imperial Palace. The show was great but it came with a buffet and the food was horrible! But if that is the worst of our trip, I won't complain. Saturday we went to the $250,000 game show spectacular at the Hilton. It was hosted by Jamie Farr and it was a lot of fun even tho we didn't get pick to play any games. that night we went to the V Variety Show in the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood. It was a decent show. Next morning got up bright and early, 3 a.m to get to the airport and fly home. I did see Nelly coming out of the hotel when we were outside waiting for our ride. If it wasn't him, it was his twin. Overall, it was a fantastic trip. I was worried the week before we left because Donnie was so sick. I was afraid he wouldn't be able to do the things that he wanted to do. The whole week ended up being quite a surreal experience. (for me atleast) Other than Donnie being tired some and us resting. It was almost like we had stepped back into time before he was sick and were truly able to connect as a couple again without all the madness of our lives and his illness. The word cancer wasn't uttered all week. We were just us, being together. It feels we haven't truly had any "just us" time since his diagnosis and I thank God for allowing us such a wonderful time together. It is something I will always cherish.
I know this was long but I wanted to share. I hope if you take the time to read this far that it wasn't too boring.
Love to all Robin

1 comment:

Jeaux said...

You mean Donnie didn't know he was going to marry you again? That was a surprise? Girl! That's awesome. Kent and I will be married 13 years in June. I'd ask him to marry me again, but I'm afraid he'd say no!

Sounds like you two had a wonderful trip. I'm so happy for you. You both needed and deserved it.