Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Courtney


Happy Birthday Courtney

Today is Courtney’s 17th birthday. I cannot believe that my baby girl, my little lullabelle is 17 already. Where does the time go? Where is that tee niny little girl who loved to curl up in my lap and ran into the back of me when I stopped walking. My mini me.
She is growing into a beautiful young woman. I am so proud of her.

Again, there is a pain in my heart because Donnie isn’t here to celebrate her birthday with us. But I told her that her Daddy is smiling down on her today and he loves her soooo much. She walked outside earlier and there on the front step was a golf tee. It made her smile. She felt like it was Daddy telling her happy birthday.
Now I can tell you I know where it came from. I brought Donnie’s clubs to his brothers last weekend. I am sure it fell out then. But it sat there for over a week and no one noticed it. Courtney has gone up and down those steps 100 times, she never saw it. So her finding it on her birthday is special to her. I told her he was smiling down on her. J


Happy Birthday Courtney
You will ALWAYS be my Lullabelle. I love you
Momma

1 comment:

Kristine Martinez/Arizona said...

i just wanted to tell you thank you! i have been reading your blog for about 2 months, my friend pointed it out...my husband just died on Sept 26th of an Unknown Primary that had moved to his bones, they initially gave him 6 to 9 months and that was back in 2006, so we've been going through this for 3 and a half years...i thought i would be "prepared" HAHAHA was i wrong. Now without taking up too much of your time, i just wanted to say thank you, i've been trying to find a way to cope, and since coming back to your blog recently, i decided to try writing him letters, and it works ( i don't answer them though) but everynight i write a letter to him about my day, and what i wish he was there to help me with...it is starting to help a bit, although, like you, i don't think anything will fully help me to understand of accept not being with him. Anyway, thank you!